Some of the following groups are the main reason why empirical data on LGBTQ+ folx and the criminal legal system exist. Many of their reports are listed under the teaching resources tab. In order to give back to these invaluable groups we encourage authors of Queer Criminology works to reach out to those listed below.
Additionally, many of these groups have ways to donate to them to support their mission and/or ways to get involved. We highly encourage this as LGBTQ+ publications help those in the future, while advocacy helps those who are in need now.
If you know of any more groups that should be on this list, please send recommendations to us via email!
- Black and Pink: https://www.blackandpink.org
- Campus Pride: https://www.campuspride.org/
- Center for American Progress: https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/lgbtq-rights/view/
- Equaldex: https://www.equaldex.com/
- GLAD: https://www.glad.org/
- GLAAD: https://www.glaad.org
- Lambda Legal: https://www.lambdalegal.org/
- Mermaids UK (trans advocacy): https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/
- Movement Advancement Project: http://lgbtmap.org/
- National Center for Transgender Equality: https://transequality.org
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs: https://avp.org/ncavp/
- National LGBTQ Task Force: https://www.thetaskforce.org/
- The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
- SAGE (Services & Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders): https://www.sageusa.org/
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project: https://srlp.org/resources/